Bridges to the Baccalaureate Program (B2B)
The Bridges to Baccalaureate Program (B2B) is a partnership between the University of California, Riverside (UCR) and Riverside City College (RCC) designed to provide RCC students in underrepresented minority groups with a pathway to research-oriented careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) at UCR.
Applying to the Program
Each year the program faculty choose five-to-10 RCC students to join the program. These students will conduct research at UCR and receive a stipend and travel allowance to attend a scientific meeting during the year. The application deadline is April 1, 2019
- Five students for one week bootcamp (June 24-28, $800); open to all students
- Five students for eight week summer research (June 24-Aug 16; $3,000); available for transferring students (to UCR preferred)
- GPA of 3.0 or above (official transcript)
- Essay/statement of research interest
- Diversity statement (to state eligibility and interests)
- Two letters of reference
- Participation in B2B and partner activities
- Interview with RCC/B2B faculty
B2B will use a holistic applicant review process that considers metrics beyond undergraduate institution, GPA, and standardized test scores to select a diverse group of promising trainees who have taken advantage of the research opportunities available to them with B2B and are committed to biomedical research.